Sunday, May 5, 2013

But...You Don't Look Disabled, The Book

          In a recent conversation with a mental health professional, I was told that my concern for invisible illness is all too common problem for people with disabilities.  "You are a good writer. You need to write a book about it. You can help a lot of people. In fact, your blog title would be a perfect book title." If such a book were written, I would not want the book just to be about my own issues.  That would be a boring book.
          What is your story? Please write to me at tgw.bittner@att.net. Tell me about your disability, and how it affects you.  How do others view your invisible illness? What struggles have you faced? How have you adapted, or even overcome your disability?  I would like to include your story in a new book about invisible disabilities. Your story may be the encouragement that others need to continue on in their struggle.  Let's write a book together.

No comments:

Post a Comment